Sunday, October 11, 2009

Bunny-volution

You might wanna grab your headlamp and dusting brush the next time you are cleaning your house, cause you might be walking straight into an archaeological dig!

Recent cottontail studies have unearthed an amazing discovery. Fossilized remains of an ancient rabbit culture have been found in the dining region of Housera. This incredible finding has been given the name
Bunnus dustius (or merely "Dusty"), and it is now believed that Dusty is now one of the earliest examples of rabbit frivolity.

Many critics say this finding is merely yet another report of
Doggus hairus, but I know that's bollocks. Being an expert in the field (I got my B.S. in Social Evolution at Elizabethtown College...the carrot cake suckered me in), I got a chance to take a close look at the specimen. Upon examining the creature's structure and anatomical anomalies, my hypothesis was confirmed.

This always makes me think about the constant changing of our species. Why was Dusty killed off? What do I have that makes me such a better mold? What will become of
Bunnus? Will the future bunnies have laser beams and extendable rolls of duct tape to stick our tails back on? What will happen to them...will we (Bunnus Modernis) ever coexist with them?

Coincidentally, this occurrence has coincided with an important human archaeological find, one of
Ardipithecus ramidus (or "Ardi" if you are a normal person). Because of the humanoid control over the world, they get a special, "Discovering Ardi," tonight (10/11) on Discovery at 9PM. Copycats.

No comments:

Post a Comment